Well, kind of …
A recent commission was for a wedding invitation.
I’ve not worked on on one before and was eager to get started.
The client wanted a patchwork of elements from the location, which was in York and we finalised the elements down to a signpost, the wedding location’s sign, the rose window from York Minster and … a rooster (I think that was a personal touch between the couple getting married. I didn’t ask!)
They also wanted to include some particularly idiosyncratic trees from the grounds of the wedding location. I tried to reshape the trees into a love heart motif for the centre of the invitation, but they ended up looking quite creepy. So, I instead stylised the trees more to great effect.
On the Save The Day card, the client wanted a snow effect – so I added in a snowflake border.
So, I beetled away.
Only to discover that the client had been unable to contact me via my email address. That, for whatever reason, emails weren’t getting through to me.
Naturally anxious for the invitation and save-the-day cards to be ready in time the client approached a different artist for the works.
A book publisher was trying to get in touch with me at about the same time via email and those didn’t get through either.
All very mysterious. Everything seems to be working fine now.
[I’ve altered the names and dates on the invitation and save-the-day cards posted here]
It’s all part of the learning process, I guess.
I’ve since added in my alternative email address into my correspondence with a client.